Saying It Well...

Khrystine's favorite quotes


"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."— Mark Twain

Modern Muse

Modern Muse
Adriana Lima in Elle Magazine

Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Post on My New Life

So now that I am finally unpacked and generally settled (if not actually organized), I can blog all about my adventures in Olympia thus far.
Getting here has been one hell of a ride. The car died 22 miles outside of Baker, Oregon. (Miraculously, we were able to slowly find a Dealership with what has to be the nicest man on the planet)  Then Mother and I got lost in Pendleton, Oregon, likely further screwing up the car. That night I got sick-fever, chills, and everything. Nevertheless, here I am.
My apartment has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, one kitchen/dining area, one balcony, one huge living room, one washer/dryer, and no couch.The four occupants are me, Toby, Jean, and Britnee. I would consider our kitchen, dining room, and the bathroom I share with Jean done. Our kitchen/dining room is blue and yellow, and our bathroom is green. The whole place is gorgeous, the apartment and the grounds. Toby loves the outdoors, there are lots of new smells and rich grass. There is even a dog run where he is free to hang out sans leash. Toby hates our stairs. He refuses to go down them, I think because he can't see very well or his depth perception is off or something. He cries and frets. Since I don't want him relieving himself on our front porch, I must pick him up and carry him down from the third floor.
Toby has adjusted very well. He is okay to be left alone in my boudoir and he enjoys chasing Girlfriend all over the house. He also enjoys the balcony, but has a tendency to talk to every single car that drives by. He is quite exhausted, as am I, which is why this blog isn't very well written.
 
  
More to come...

5 comments:

Benjamin said...

I can't believe you live in Washington now! I was supposed to do that first! But I love that you're posting pictures. Keep them coming! (I mean it!) Your kitchen looks great, by the way. I've never had such an open-looking kitchen before in all of my apartment life. That will prevent a LOT of frustration. Love you!

N@ said...

I love the pictures, Khrys! Looks like a very nice place! Tell Toby and his girlfriend "Hi" for me!

mudderbear said...

So happy to find you on here with pictures and descriptions of everything. Keep it coming. I'll be looking for you everytday.

not to be an overbearing parent....but, you know, just want to know you are safe and fed and happy.

Heather said...

yeah for you!!! and Toby! Be safe and have fun, the place looks wonderful!

JoAnna said...

Love the pic of Tobe in the suitcase! I'm very proud of you and your fearlessness in going forth with your dreams. Hang in there... I'm sure fear will be a part of the reality, but also HAVE FUN! This is awesome!