|You are a Lavender Rose|
You represent love at first sight and enchantment.
Your vibe: intense and intriguing
Falling in love with you is: deep and meaningful
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Monday, May 08, 2006
Thursday, May 04, 2006
| What's love, again? No, seriously: what is it? Why are you quoting song lyrics? Do the lyrics of love songs actually cut to the heart of the matter, or are they simply so vague that it feels like they do? Why does one's own love feel as if it cuts to the heart of things, but other people's loves feel like vague amusements? Why are love songs we don't like so noxious? How can we love a song so dearly for a number of years and then suddenly find it embarrassing? Also, a person? |
Why is it that love feels so individual, and yet nearly every individual falls in and out of love in basically the same way? Why are stories of other people meeting and falling in love invariably tedious? Why are stories of other people breaking up so riveting? If love can happen in an instant how come it actually takes forever to get it together? Is love like taking a taxi, in which the route is important but the passengers could be anybody? Or is it more like driving a taxi, in which you end up in neighborhoods you'd never visit under ordinary circumstances, just because someone came into your life and bossed you around? Or it is more like trying to find a taxi in the rain, when everyone else is safe and dry and you're stuck on the corner wondering when in the world someone will come along and pick you up?
Why is love undimmed by the knowledge that there's absolutely no chance the person loves you back? How is it possible you can fall in love with three separate people who all go to your high school, but then not find anyone in the entire world later on? How could that boy or girl way back when have absolutely no clue you loved them? Also, how could they date that other, completely unsuitable person, when you were standing right there? In fact, why do so many supposedly sensible people fall in love with the ones who are so clearly going to make them miserable, and why, when these people try to answer this question, do they invariably use the phrase "my mother"? Why is it so easy to imagine how a love might work out, but so difficult to actually put this into practice? Why is love in the movies so completely unbelievable and yet tear-jerking, as opposed to, say, martial arts in the movies, or space travel?
If love has nothing to do with money, then why do lovers bicker about money so much? Why would it be so wonderful if one's lover gave one a million dollars, but so wretched if someone offered us a million dollars to be our lover? Or, maybe, not so wretched? Or, maybe if it were two million? Why does failure in other aspects of life actually make love more difficult, rather than easier? If honesty has everything to do with love, then why do we lie to the people we love more than anyone else? Why do we live with people we love, when sometimes we'd rather have absolutely anyone sitting at the opposite end of the couch except the person who is? How can we love someone and simultaneously despise every single thing they do for more than a month straight? Like, every six months?
Can you really love someone you met once a bunch of years ago who it's safe to say has never thought of you ever again? Why are some people breathtaking in their underwear and others mortifying, and how come we can't come anywhere close to agreeing on which people are which? Why are our friends considered an entirely different kind of love than our lovers, and why is it a miracle if these people get along? Why do we behave very much like crazy people wandering the streets when we're in love, and yet we never fall in love with crazy people wandering the streets? Why is it so miraculous to be loved by one person, but if we were simultaneously loved by several people it would be creepy? Why can't we have sex with anyone we want?
Why isn't love worth it, usually, when you tally it up? Can you really love somebody forever? If we're supposed to spend the afterlife with the ones we love, what happens if your loved one is some girl you haven't seen since high school? And, what if she loves somebody else? Is love like a volcano lurking beneath the city, simmering for years and then suddenly erupting when the time has come? Or is it more like a terrorist attack, containing an agenda so irrational that it cannot possibly excuse the damage it does? Or is it more like an Englishwoman in America, constantly misunderstood when the circumstances are not actually all that foreign? If cheese means different things in different countries, shouldn't love? Or, not cheese, but, know what I mean?
Say there's this guy Joe. Can he help it that he falls in love with people who don't make him happy? Or, that when they do make him happy he falls in love with someone else? And what about Helena — she's in love, but somehow this isn't enough. Shouldn't it be? And if it isn't enough, does this mean she's not really in love? It certainly seems to be spoiling the love she's in. And let's say there's a volcano underneath the city — doesn't that make things more urgent? Does urgency mean that you should keep the person you're with, or hold out for the best possible person? And what if the best possible person loves somebody else? For instance, what if Helena loves David, but David loves Peter, and used to love Andrea, who loves Tony, who thinks he loves Helena, who used to love Sam, who loves Andrea who now loves Steve, who might be the sort of person to murder somebody in the park — Eddie, for instance, who loves Hank, who ends up in a diner where two detectives are looking for the Snow Queen who loves Mike? Do you see what I'm getting at here?
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Saturday, April 15, 2006
A - AVAILABLE: Hm..for what?
B - BEST FRIENDS: I have a lot of people I feel to be very close friends. That might surprise some of them though.
C - CRUSH: Johnny Depp?
D- DAD'S NAME: Daddy. Duh.
E - EASY PERSON OF OPPOSITE SEX TO TALK TO: Besides my brothers, probably Alex and Sergio.
F - FAVORITE BAND: Too many.
G - GUMMY BEARS OR WORM: Gummy’s creepy. But I would rather eat bears than worms.
H - HOMETOWN: Salt Lake City, Utah.
I - INSTRUMENT: I want to play bass.
K - KIDS: In the very very distant future.
L - LONGEST CAR RIDE: I don't know. Maybe as much as 12, but probably around 9. Daddy would know this.
M - MILK FLAVOR: Just regular. Though, as previously established, I do love chocolate.
N - NUMBER OF SIBLINGS: 4.
O - ONE WISH: I can’t tell it won’t come true.
P - PHOBIAS: Driving.
Q - FAVORITE QUOTE: Too many.
R - REASON TO SMILE: Spumoni.
S - SONG YOU LAST HEARD: Bother by Corey Taylor.
T - TIME YOU WOKE UP TODAY: I have no idea. I have been avoiding the clock.
U - UNKNOWN FACT ABOUT ME: I like Russian literature.
V - VEGETABLE YOU HATE: celery.
W- WORST HABITS: Rather not say.
X - X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: 2
Y - YUMMY FOOD: mizithra.
Z - ZODIAC SIGN: Taurus.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw? I forgot
4.What is your favorite T.V. show (s)? Law & Order, Smallville, Scrubs
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Mountain Dew
6. What is your middle name? Danielle
8. What foods do you dislike? Most, unfortunately.
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Sun chips-original
10. What is your favorite CD? At the moment it is Stunt by Barenaked Ladies.
11. What kind of car do you drive? I do not.
12. Favorite sandwich? Turkey + lotsa mayo from Grinders 13.
13. What characteristics do you despise? Pseudo intellectualism.
14. Favorite Item of clothing? Shirts and skirts.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go? California. I just want to lay on the beach for a couple of days.
16. Who sent this to you? Karen
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Bebe.
18. Where would you retire to? I don’t know.
19. What was your most memorable birthday? Last year. Hardrock Café and the so cute, flirtatious yet gay waiter. Having my family over for cake.
20. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey, hands down. I would say I have no barbaric desire to watch people fight, but then I realize Hockey is a blood sport. Baseball is a close second.
21. Furthest place you are sending this? Well I’m posting it, so theoretically anywhere.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Well no one responds if it’s a post, but they can!
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Well no one responds if it’s a post, but they can!
24. Goal you have for yourself? To survive until new years.
25. Living or dead, who would you choose to have lunch with? Any/all family and like 7 of my closest friends.
26. When is your birthday? May 12th, 1988
27. Morning person or a night person? Night. We all feel better in the dark. (Pet Shop boys, yo.)
28. What is your shoe size? 8
29. Pets? Nope. I want a Pomeranian named Sinatra and a cat named Zhivago.
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I have been posting on my blog!
31. What did you want to be when you were little? A princess.
32. What are you today? Hungover.
33. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate.
34. What is your favorite flower? Roses and lilacs.
35. Would you reply with a letter if I write to you? If who wrote to me?
36. What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate. My brother, we’ll call him Gustave, says that the surest way to find the dessert I’m going to order is by finding the one with the most kinds of chocolate.
37. What is your favorite Restaurant? That’s way too hard.
38. What do you do in your spare time? Fill out stuff like this apparently
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Never. I mean I guess when I was a baby. But ew.
2) Last time you saw your parents?
Mother is in the next room. I haven’t seen Daddy since February.
3) Which family member do you most resemble?
4) Do you own your own Bible?
5) Do you wear deodorant?
6) Do you clean up nice?
7) When was the last time you tripped and fell?
I don’t remember.
8) Where was the last place you slept besides your home?
The Best Western in Baker City.
9) What are you listening to right now?
Bottle of Blues by Beck from the album Mutations.
10) Have you ever started an uncontrollable fire?
Not that I know of.
11) Ever run out of gas on the road?
12) Would you rather cut the grass or rake the leaves?
Rake the leaves.
13) Your middle name spelled backwards?
Elleinad. It sounds like an epic poem.
14) What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Me personally? Sim stuff.
15) Last time you swam in a pool?
I do not really enjoy being submerged.
16) Have you ever been in a school play?
17) How many kids do you want?
18) Type of music you dislike most?
19) You registered to vote?
No. I don’t know where I will be living or what.
20) You have cable?
21) Ever prank call anybody?
23) Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
24) Do you have a garden?
25) What's your favorite comic?
Um. Garfield or The Far Side.
26) Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Night Shower. I do not really enjoy being submerged.
27) Best movie you've seen in the past two weeks?
Um. I don’t know.
28) Best Pizza Topping?
29) peanuts or popcorn?
30) Have you ever smoked?
31) Orange Juice or apple?
32) Chocolate Bar?
33) When was the last time you voted at the polls?
34) When was the last time you ate a home grown tomato?
35) What do you like to do on rainy days?
36) Ever order anything from an infomercial?
37) Sprite or 7-Up?
Sprite tastes better, but 7-Up has infinitely more cool appeal.
38) Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work/school?
39) Ever thrown up in public?
40) Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
41) Do you believe in love at first sight?
42) Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
43) Did you have a lot of hair as a baby?
I was bald.
44) What do you think about most?
Music, clothes, and God.
45) Favorite form of travel?
Walking. I trust it. It comes from God.
46) If you could have one magical power what would it be?
To have the one magical power that allows you to do anything you want.